Camera Club COVID-Safe Walks
Due to COVID-1 9 we have to change the way Camera Club walks are organised. We can keep each other safe by taking a few extra precautions. The guidelines listed here must be followed by everyone joining us on a Camera Club walk or trip.
- All members will be notified by Newsletter of all walks and their details are on the Club website at https://stortfordcamera.club/diary and via the club Facebook group.
- Please book onto any walks you wish to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This ensures we comply with NHS Track and Trace and manage numbers on each walk.
- The upper limit as advised by the government of 30 people meeting outdoors will be complied with at all times. However, some walks may be limited on numbers due to the location, parking restrictions and any other factors that arise. Car sharing is NOT encouraged with anyone outside of your household or bubble.
- If you have had any COVID-19 symptoms in the days before a Camera Club walk, you must NOT attend the walk.
- Members must NOT share equipment or any food and drink with others members on the walk. Summer walks often see us trying out each-others lenses, tripods or other kit but this can not happen during this time.
- Each member should bring their own alcohol-based hand sanitiser with them and use it should we be required to touch gates and styles for example.
- Walk responsibly. When other walkers are passing, please stand well back and give way. As a rule of thumb if we all move to the left hand side of a path that should prevent others having to walk through us.
- Bring change for car parks where required to prevent the need to swap change with each other.
- We will endeavour to include a description of the walk including the terrain and estimated length. Please ensure that you have suitable clothing and footwear and you make your own checks regarding the weather.
- Listen to the walk leaders briefing.
- If you develop symptoms after a Camera Club walk that you have attended or if you test positive for COVID-19 please email email@example.com , as well as contacting NHSTrack and Trace, and we will notify other members who were on the same walk. It ¡s important to note that discretion will be applied and other attendees will not be notified of the name of the person affected.
Please note that walk leaders and walk coordinators are volunteers and will remind members of the guidelines during any walks if required, your cooperation will be gratefully accepted.
Any member can volunteer to lead a walk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. We hope that by following these guidelines we will all be able enjoy the summer walks that we have planned.
All members are covered by the Bishop’s Stortford Camera Club insurance policy when on photographic walks organised by the club. The Public Liability cover is designed to cover our legal liability for loss or damage to third party property and/or injury to third parties caused by the negligence of the club or one of the members.
We have produced a pdf version of these guidelines for easy reference and printing.